ISSN 2617-4715 eISSN 2617-4723
Peer review process
Manuscripts received by the editors undergo double-blind reviewing. Reviewers are given manuscripts which contain no reference to the authors' surname(s), and the authors have no access to the identities of the reviewers.
The review is to deal with the following issues:
- Does the article manifest a scientific approach and does it correspond to the profile domain of the publication?
- Do the results presented display verifiable originality?
- How logical is the material in the article?
- Is the usage of terminology accurate?
- Is the list of sources set up correctly?
- Are the conclusions of the article consistent with the content?
Summary of the options regarding articles submitted for the publication:
- an article may be recommended for publication: «without comments», «with minor comments (no further reviewing needed)», «with significant comments (further reviewing needed)»;
- an article may be rejected.
Reviews are verified in accordance with the established patterns in the institution where the reviewer works. With respect to rejected articles, the editorial office sends a substantiated communication of rejection to the author. The text of the unfavourable review is sent to the author by e-mail or by regular mail. An article which has not been recommended by a reviewer for publication shall not be accepted for re-examination. The existence of a favourable review is not in itself sufficient to authorize the publication of the article. The final decision regarding the suitability of printing the article is taken by the editorial board. After the editorial board decides to accept an article for publication, the author is informed of it by the responsible secretary and is given an indication of the estimated publication date. The original reviews are stored in the editorial board and editorial office of the journal “Lesya Ukrainka Eastern European National University Scientific Bulletin. Series: Biological Sciences”.
Publication time frame
- Articles submitted to the editorial board are considered within a period of three months.
- The editorial board has the right to send articles for additional review.
- The editorial board has the right to edit articles in terms of literary features and, if necessary, to carry out scientific edits, the author being informed of such.
- The editorial board reserves the right to reject articles that do not meet the requirements or whose subject matter is not deemed relevant for the journal.
- If an article is rejected, the editorial board provides the author with a substantiated summation.
- Authors receive notification with three days of the receipt of the article. Within a month of the article’s registration, the author receives a report about the results of the review.
- The editorial board provides the author with a free copy of the journal containing the published article.